D-2 Compliance Test
D-2 Compliance Test of BWMS
Validation of the compliance of individual BWMS with Ballast Water Performance Standard (regulation D-2) of the BWM Convention in conjunction with their commissioning during the initial survey.
MEPC endorsed that above validation procedure will apply not only to initial survey of the new ships but also upon installation and commissioning for existing ships in accordance with regulation B-3 of the Convention.
MITG provides the following services:
According to customer’s requirement, MITG performs checks and tests for BWMS and test procedures for tests are provided.
- · BWD Compliance Test (D-2 Inspection) of BWMS on board of ships.
- · Measurement of Water Quality & Viability Analysis of Marine organisms
- · Evaluation of test plans, dossiers and applications
Implementation schedules of D-2 Performance Standard
- Ships constructed on or after 8 September 2017 shall comply with the D-2 standard for ships delivery (Constructed = Keel Laid).
- In the case where a previous IOPP renewal survey had been completed between 8 September 2014 and 7 September 2017, the ships shall comply with the D-2 standard by
the first IOPP renewal survey after entry into the force of the Convention.
- In the case where a previous IOPP renewal survey had been completed between 8 September 2012 and 7 September 2014, the ships shall comply with the D-2 standard by
the second IOPP renewal survey after entry into the force of the Convention.
- Ships not subject to the IOPP renewal survey (normally less than 400GT) shall comply with the D-2 standard by 8 September 2024.